for the Bachelor of Science (BSc) and Medical Science (BMedSci)
For further details contact the coordinator A/Prof Frank J. Lovicu<firstname.lastname@example.org>.
For an Honours year, you need to:
- have a WAM of at least 65
- pre-enrol with the Faculty of Science
- organise a project with a lab head [Download the list of 2008 Projects & Supervisor Contact details (Pdf)]
- confirm your intention to do Honours with the Honours Coordinator (A/Prof Lovicu)
- be aware of our Summer Scholarship programme. This is awarded according to WAM and other grades: to be eligible, you must be committed to Honours in the Discipline of Anatomy & Histology. Application forms are available from A/Prof Lovicu.
Our Honours Programme
- Thesis (~25,000 words; November submission)
- Seminar (~20 minute; November). You will present your year's work to the Discipline.
- Essay (~5,000 words - Literature Review/Introduction to Thesis; June submission)
- Honours Meetings (attend meetings, 1 hour/week during semester). At these meetings, each student will present 2 seminars during the year, outlining for example, project aims and their early results. These presentations will be to the other Honours students and the Honours Coordinators.
When choosing a lab to do Honours in, make sure that: you get on with Supervisor; the lab is funded well; the lab is filled with happy and likeable people and has many recent publications; and you are interested in the project. [Download the information leaflet (Pdf)]